Tuesday, August 16, 2011

HALLS AND GATES

I feel very happy when I say, I have had an amazing array of friends, some so bitchy you’d  want to kick their butts for being themselves and some so amazing that they’d actually give you a helluva moment and force you to think ‘are you for real, woman?’ WOW, even I can surpass all limits of cheesiness.  They came in all various sizes, shapes and colors (I’m not trying to be racist here, hello, Its perfectly understandable if you live in a multi-cultural community), I might even compare them to candy, mind you, I’m talking about a variety and not a ‘particular type’, the kind that you see in Candilicious and make you want to try each and every one of those scrumptiousness chocolaty-ness and nuttiness… ok so I may have a serious case of ADD.
What I mean is that, despite all the differences in personality, traits; there was always a point of time where I considered each and every one of those friends, my best.  So what happens later when you, move onto the university-phase, the first phase of life after high school, when you, leave those gates and hallways echoing with insane, maniacal laughter, the time where you lived in a blissful and mindless state of oblivion and where life circled around you, yourself and nothing but you? Its only when you look back and knock on those gates to unleash all those fond memories and you think, ‘Hey! What happened to her? ‘The last time I heard she was charging her way through a well-thought-out trajectory’ or ’weird-ol Rania’  took her paranoia to a whole new level and finally had a breakdown’ however, it’s all becoming uncommon-er , with facebook and twitter unleashed on this world. No complains there.
What I find amazing is that, no matter how much your experiences may develop your thoughts into recognizing flaws in them, it’s comforting to know that they were always present and willing, to share problems, anecdotes and above all GOSSIP, they would always have something unique to say, its time like these when you would want to appreciate every person’s ability to form their own opinion. That’s what I miss the most, I think.
In the end, I want to say to all those, who’ve spent no matter how small the time, but where there, by my side; I am what I am now, partly because of you. My thoughts and my ways, again are partly a product of all those small snippets and moments of life I spent with you.
TIME TO EAT!

3 comments: